Remuneration and Conditions of Service Committee
The Archbishops' Council Remuneration and Conditions of Service
Committee (RACSC) has the following functions:
- To advise the Archbishops' Council and the House of
Bishops on a strategy for ministry, with particular reference to
the remuneration and conditions of service of those in authorised
ministry, working in collaboration with dioceses, the Church
Commissioners and the Church of England Pensions Board, and with
- To produce, in partnership with dioceses, a framework of
national policy for stipends and other related matters, and to
advise dioceses as appropriate on such matters.
- To develop policy relating to pensions in collaboration with
the Church of England Pensions Board and, where appropriate, the
- To promote, in partnership with dioceses, clear conditions of
work for all licensed ministers.
- To make recommendations about the scope, structure and level of
- To monitor and advise in consultation with interested parties
on sector and chaplaincy ministries within the total ministry of
- To work in collaboration with dioceses and, as far as possible,
with ecumenical partners in the provision and development of
continuing ministerial education for and review of accredited
ministers, ordained and lay.
- To report regularly to the Archbishops' Council on its
The Committee's work covers the duties of the Archbishops'
Council in its role as the Central Stipends Authority. Enquiries
about the work of the Central Stipends Authority should be
addressed to email@example.com