These pages give information about the pension schemes operated by the Pensions Board.

There are 3 pension arrangements. Please follow the links for further information:

Clergy Pensions
For clergy and others in stipendiary ministry.

The Church Workers Pension Fund (CWPF)
For lay employees of Church of England organisations.

The Church Administrators Pension Fund (CAPF)
For staff of the National Church Institutions and episcopal staff.

To find out about your State Pension please visit our State Pension page.


Employer Information

Information for Church employers
who participate in our pension
arrangements, or who are interested
in joining.

Automatic Enrolment

Information for Church employers on their automatic enrolment obligations, and how Pension Builder 2014 can help.

Retirement Freedom and Choice

Information on the new ways you can use your retirement savings, and that these changes mean to you and your benefits.

Pension Wise

Information on the free and impartial guidance service for defined contribution members as they approach retirement.

For information on Church of England retirement housing please visit our Housing page.

Updates from the Pensions Department

State Pensions have changed - April 2016

A new single-tier state pension was introduced on 6 April 2016. To find out more visit out state pension page.

Change to our postal address - January 2016

We are changing the way we receive correspondence from members, beneficaries and employers.

This will not affect our service, it is simply to make our administration more efficient.

Our new postal address is:
Church of England Pensions Board
PO Box 2026
WR10 9BW

We are not moving office, we are still located at Church House, Westminster.


Keep your pension safe!

Pensions are becoming an increasingly attractive target for fraudsters and other criminals because of the new pension freedoms. Please be careful with cold calls, texts or letters from people or organisations making claims that they can help you access your pension.

If you are in any doubt about your options or the advice you have been given, you should talk to The Pensions Regulator or a regulated Independent Financial Adviser.

You can find out more about keeping your pension safe at the Pensions Regulator's website:

Previous updates